Sunday, January 2, 2011

Dreams: Entering the World of Education


January 3, 2011 marks the first day of my student teaching internship. I have been placed in a 1st grade classroom and I am very excited about this upcoming chapter in my life. Becoming an educator has been a long time coming for me. It is how I started out in college, but when you are 18 years old, it is hard to decide what it is you want to do with the rest of your life! As it turned out, I did not make the best choice and changed my major at the beginning of my second year.

Being older (not super old!), wiser and at a different place in my life, I was able to make a decision that has forever changed my life. With the support of my loving husband, son and daughter I went back to school to obtain a degree in Elementary Education.

As I begin this long awaited journey, I am eager to enter the world of education and begin living the DREAM I have had for many years. Having the opportunity to be apart of students growth, learning and curiosity has kept my nerves up for days.

I will continue to write about my experience as a student teacher in 1st grade and look forward to others advice and responses to my posts.

1 comment: